tattoos

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Penhaligons Review



I'll admit it here and now...I am a lover of all things Royal. Growing up I always thought I would marry Prince William...but that is a totally different story {which you can read here}. Well, as you all know I wasn't the lucky girl to capture Williams heart...oh well...but I did get to smell him. Wait. Well sort of. According to 'many reports' it seems that William favors Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligons. The Royals are no strangers to the brand as his late mother Princess Diana favored Penhaligons as well-her favorite perfume being 'Bluebell' and 'Lily of the Valley'. Prince Charles favorite Penhaligons scent? Hammam Bouquet. I was interested to see if Penhaligons scents were really worth all the hype...read on to hear what I thought...

A bit about Penhaligons
Penhaligon's understands the emotive power of scent. It can unlock memories and open doors; it can stop anyone in their tracks, lost somewhere for a moment in time. Recollections triggered by a dusting or iris, a whisper of clove, a burst of juicy nectarine, a trail of smoky incense, a creamy lick of vanilla.

Penhaligon's fragrant adventure began in the Victorian era of decadence by William Penhaligon. William Penhaligon lived in an age of excess and flamboyance, William was witty, wildly creative and always inspired by the unusual.

Hammam Bouquet , Penhaligon's first scent, was dreamt up by William in 1872 after inhaling the steam and sulphurous aromas of his neighbouring Turkish baths.
Over 135 years since the doors of the Penhaligon's barber shop first opened on Jermyn
Street, William's hugely precious archives continue to inspire and inform Penhaligons in everything they do. Their passion is to carry on his incredible legacy of creative and innovative perfumery, challenging the traditions of the art and seeking new ways to
interpret elegance.

Penhaligon's continues to work with master perfumers who can interpret their distinctive ideas; conjuring up new perfume sensations that flow against the tide.

Today, Penhaligon's scents are still made in England using the finest rare ingredients - from hand squeezed bergamot, to jasmine at twice the price of gold. Penhaligon's signature fragrance bottle is to William's original design: clear glass with a distinctive ribbon-wrapped stopper.




My Review
   I was sent two scents from Penhaligon's to review Bluebell and Blenheim Bouquet. Both fragrances come beautifully packaged in beautiful gift boxes and lovely vintage-looking glass bottles-topped with a bow.


Bluebell
   I had heard many lovely things about this scent so I was very anxious to sample this fragrance for myself. The notes in Bluebell are Citrus, Hyacinth, Lily of the Valley, Cyclamen, Jasmine, Rose, Galbanum, Clove, Cinnamon. When I first smelled Bluebell I immediately thought of the fresh burst of fragrance you get when smelling a fresh floral bouquet. The scent smells sweet and earthy and upon settling upon the skin gives almost a fresh morning mist scent. The scent smells refreshing and clean. My husband says that the scent of Bluebell reminds him of 'Childhood.' Bluebell has become one of my favorite perfumes that I will continue to wear for a long time.

   When I visited England for the first time my family and I went to Blenheim Palace. Then and there I decided that I wanted to be British...the elegance...the archetecture...it was beautiful. Blenheim Bouquet actually took its name from Blenheim Palace, the seat of one of England's most respected bloodlines. Blenheim Bouquets notes are Lemon, Lime and Lavender, Pine, Musk and Black pepper. Upon first smelling Blenheim Bouquet I wasn't sure I liked it but after smelling it on my husband I immediately changed my mind. Blenheim Bouquet smells of fresh lavender and pine at first but then settles on the skin as a lime infused musk. Sexy, masculine, and so perfect!



The company did send me a product or service for review. This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger