tattoos

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I ate Wednesday

Happy Humpday! Another installment of WIAW - see Jenn's blog for more!


I was feeling very sorry for myself this morning as it was my first day back in work after a blissfully relaxing week off. Sigh. Another day, another dollar... or to quote my Dad, 'Someone has to pay the effin' bills!'.


BREAKFAST - 7:00am


I had coco-choccy-nut porridge for breakfast. I was feeling so lousy about getting up that I had an overwhelming urge to have something sweet and yummy, so I made my usual porridge (1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup milk) and added a drizzle of honey, a couple of tablespoons of desicated coconut, and a big heaped tablespoon of cocoa powder. To top it, I chopped up some hazelnuts. Not as chocolatey as I'd have liked, but tasted good anyway. Washed down with my obligatory work-day cup of tea!


MID-MORNING SNACK - 11:00am


I was feeling a bit guilty about having chocolate for breakfast, so I made up for it with a large handful of cherries (super, duper yum).


LUNCH - 1:30pm


Beans means Heinz. For my lunch I had a slice of white toast, a little scraping of butter and a small tin of baked beans. I never eat baked beans at home - they never taste as nice. I thoroughly enjoyed this though.


MID-AFTERNOON SNACK - 3:30pm


I had some carrot batons with lemon and coriander houmous. I love houmous and would gladly sit and eat an entire tub in one sitting! I limited myself to a tablespoonful though, and I took carrot to dip as I don't like dipping anything other than veggies in it.


TEA - 6:30pm


I wasn't feeling all that hungry, so I had a bagel with salmon, rocket leaves and Philadelphia Light with Chives. I normally prefer the seeded or wholemeal bagels, but they didn't have any when I went to buy some. I followed this with a massive bowl of strawberries, cherries, raspberries and sliced banana. Yum!



So that's what I ate today. I'm settling down to watch The Apprentice with a mug of Cadbury's Highlights hot chocolate. I was still craving something sweet, despite the juicy berries I ate for dessert, so this is hitting the spot perfectly. Mmm. I'm also quite pleased with myself as I only drank two cups of tea today, and managed my goal of 2 litres of water. Yay!


What's the best thing you ate today? And what are your favourite bagel fillings?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger