That is a lot of money down the drain and a lot of wasted food too! I have been looking for a product that would help prolong the life of my produce so that my family and I can save money AND enjoy our produce for a bit longer. I happened upon the BluApple while reading an article and was interested if this could be the product to help my little family! Read on to learn more about the BluApple- how it works, what I thought of it, and how you can get your hands on one for FREE!
How does BluApple work?
Ethylene gas is given off naturally by fruits and vegetables as a signaling mechanism in order to coordinate uniform ripening. However, once concentrated in your refrigerator or other storage areas, the presence of ethylene gas continues to speed up ripening and hasten spoilage.
The BluApple is designed to provide effective ethylene gas absorption for three months in a typical home refrigerator produce bin or storage container. The active ingredient does not "wear out", but continues to absorb ethylene until it has reached its capacity. A One Year Refill Kit rounds out the BluApple ethylene gas management product line, allowing consumers to reuse BluApples and not add them to landfills.
My Review
I was sent a package of two BluApples to review. When I received the BluApple I opened the packaging, placed one BluApple on the counter near my bananas and one in my crisper container in my refrigerator. The day before I had just bought a handful of produce at my local grocery store so I was excited to see if the BluApple would really prolong the life of my bananas and produce. Normally within a few days my bananas are speckled with brown spots and the fresh crisp lettuce in my crisper has gone limp and soggy. Thanks to the BluApple my bananas don't even have brown spots on them yet...and it has been almost a week since I bought them. My lettuce is still looking as fresh as the day I bought it and my peppers, and apples are looking great as well. Thanks to BluApple I will be saving money and my family will also be eating more produce that lasts longer!
A 2 pack of BluApple retails for $9.99 and can be purchased online here.
Open to US Residents Only!
So I know after reading my review you guys really would LOVE to try your very own BluApple, right?!
Well, BluApple was super kind and offered to do a giveaway for a BluApple pack for THREE Lucky Readers! That's right THREE of you will win your very own package of BluApples!
Mandatory Entry
Be a follower of Cherry Blossoms {The Blog} AND like BluApple via Facebook*
*If you do not have a Facebook account please leave a comment here letting me know why you would like to win a BluApple.
Extra Entries
| 'Like' Cherry Blossoms on Facebook|
| Tweet about this Giveaway {add @CherryBlossBaby to your tweet!}|
Giveaway Ends June 13th, 2011, NOON EST
This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words


No comments:
Post a Comment