tattoos

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bejewelled

I've developed a bit of an obsession in recent weeks - costume jewellery. I can't walk into a shop without checking out their range of jewels, and ultimately buying something. I've put a little ban on myself though. Despite these items costing very little, they do add up, which is not fun when you are saving for a wedding!

I love a bargain, and since costume jewellery tarnishes easily and fashion is forever changing (and quickly), I am reluctant to spend a fortune on it, which is why I love places like Primark, Matalan, and good old supermarket ranges like F+F at Tesco and George at Asda. I have accumalated quite a few pieces recently, all of which I adore, so thought I would show you.

Firstly, I got some new necklaces:


I have wanted a Tiffany's key since FOREVER, but alas, my budget won't allow for such a pretty purchase. I saw this in Tesco when I was dong my weekly shop and snapped it up. It's not Tiffany's quality, nor is it as pretty, but it was a bargainous £8 and will do the job perfectly. I love the heart details on the keys. I doubt I'll wear it with both keys on at the same time - in fact, I will wear both but on different chains because I'm really loving layering necklaces at the moment... which is why I bought the little dainty heart ones. These are the perfect size to wear as a shorter, delicate necklace amongst a few chunkier designs. £2 in Asda so I snapped up one in silver and one in gold. It would be silly not to for that price really, wouldn't it?!

Some rings:


The big chunky one in the middle is from Primarni. About a quid or something ridiculous. Can't quite remember but it is Primarni we're talking about - it's hardly mega-bucks. It's a pewter colour rather than silver, so I find it less in-your-face-bling. I do love it though! The other rings came in two sets - one gold and one silver, both of which were around £5. Sticking with the layering look, I couldn't resist these little sets. The silver ones are my favourite and I only really bought it for the bow - it is beautiful and the diamantes shine a different colour in different lights - purple, pink, green and blue. I love it! I did find a Kate Middleton replica in Asda for £3, and whilst I am not expecting an awful lot from cheap replicas, I could see the glue through the blue stone. I swiftly returned it to the shelf, but it was the last one there so I'm not the only one after a pretty sapphire ring by the looks of it!

Some earrings:


The daisies were £2.50 (Asda), the crowns were £2 (either Tesco or Asda), the hearts were £3 (Matalan) and the navy droplets were £6, from Dorothy Perkins I think. I absolutely adore the daisies - they're perfect for the spring season and the sunshine we're experiencing at the moment. These will last well into summer and look fab on. I even bought matching hairclips:


I couldn't resist!

So that's me sorted for jewellery for a while. Well, at least until payday... Have you grabbed a bargain recently? Share with me in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger