tattoos

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Biotherm Skin Ergetic Anti-Fatigue Moisturiser

I haven been trialling some new skincare items for a few months now, and since I am nearing the end of my pot, I thought I would share my thoughts with you. This will be a two-part review as there are two separate products I want to review, and the first one is a daily moisturiser; Biotherm Skin Ergetic Anti-Fatigue Moisturiser.


What do Biotherm say?
Anti-fatigue Biotherm innovation:
Biotherm creates SKIN ERGETIC, its 1st anti-fatigue moisturizer
with 5 fruit & vegetable extracts. A formula that reduces the
appearance of visible signs of fatigue.

RESULTS
Skin is plumped with moisture.
Features appear rested.
Tested on sensitive skin.

97.5% INGREDIENTS OF NATURAL ORIGIN
100% NATURAL-ORIGIN FRAGRANCE
PARABEN-FREE / MINERAL OIL-FREE
SYNTHETIC COLORANT-FREE


What do I think?
Firstly, I love the packaging for this. The little glass pot is really sleek and the bright orange colour makes me happy in the morning. When I open up the pot, I am immediately hit with a yummy, fruity scent, though I'd expect nothing less since it is packed with anti-oxidants from fruits like apples, grapes, pomegranates, seville oranges and tomatoes. Yum!

This is a light cream, so because my skin is a little on the dry side, I automatically assumed it would be too light. As such, on my first application, I whacked on a good dollop. I massaged it into my skin but it seemed to just clump up in little balls and roll off my skin. So I washed it off and tried again, this time using less. The same thing happened, but I stuck with it and just removed the little balls from my skin. It applied like this for about a week, regardless of the amount I used. To this day I still don't know if it was the amount I was applying, my skin getting used to a new product, or the fact that I was using it in conjunction with another product. However, after a week of perseverance, I was pleased to see it absorbed quickly and immediately nourished my skin. It made a lovely base for foundation too as it left my skin feeling silky instead of greasy.

I have mixed feelings about this cream. As soon as I got the knack of applying it, I could see my skin looking and feeling healthy. It seemed to nourish all day long too, as the dry patches I'd get around my nose in the afternoon were not there anymore. However, I wasn't sure if this was the cream alone, or the combination of cream and Biotherm serum (review coming soon). I tried wearing it alone for a few days and it was just... nice. Yes, it felt silky, and yes, it nourished all day long, but I did notice that it didn't brighten my skin as much. Which is why I'm confused. Is it a bad cream if it another product enhances it? If the cream alone brightened and moisturised, I'd love it even more, but I fear the brightening effect is down to the serum.


Price?
Depending on where you buy it from, it costs between £30 and £34. Although I like the results, I'm not sure it's worthy of this big price tag. My pot has lasted me 2 months so far and I have about 2 weeks worth left, which, when broken down as about £3 per week, doesn't sound so bad after all.


Would I repurchase?
I don't think so. It's not a bad cream, but I find that the day cream from the Good Things range does the job well enough for me and is more suited to my budget. If spending £30+ on a day cream is nothing unusual for you, then do give this a shot. It's almost completely natural and doesn't contain anything harmful, plus it smells amazing and is light on the skin. Like I said, not a bad cream, I just find my skin benefits more from this cream when used alongside the serum.


Hope you found my review helpful, and keep your peepers peeled for my review of the serum soon! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger