tattoos

Friday, December 31, 2010

Things I learned through December 2010

Happy New Year's Eve everybody! I hope you all have a fantastic night, whether it's in a packed nightclub with your best friends or cuddled in bed with your loved one. Have fun and stay safe :) I've got a quiet night planned. Christmas is more my bag than New Year. I don't get why prices are hiked up and taxi's are a nightmare. It's just a regular night in my eyes. Christmas on the other hand? Now that is special :)


The things I learned through December 2010:

1. I miss my brighter blonde hair.

2. My brother looks a little bit like Olly Murs.

3. Gavin Henson is thick as shit. I watched a recording of Chris Moyles' Quiz Night recently and he was so stupid. It can't be for real, surely?

4. Bad things do come in three's. First we had a leak in through our kitchen ceiling, then I went to work to find it had been flooded from the flat upstairs so spent the day with no heating whilst it got sorted, and then I heard that my friend's bathroom ceiling was leaking too. All on the same day. Leaking everywhere on one day? Bizarre.

5. How to do winged eyeliner. Whoop!


6. I look weird without said winged eyeliner. I've never really worn it because I can't wing it, but since I've learned I've been sporting it everyday, and now I think I look rather odd when I don't put it on.

7. Wearing an inflatable Santa suit and trying to eat a Christmas dinner (whilst pissed) is bloody hard work, and ultimately, will end in disaster. I had a restaurant full of people staring too... not a good clothing choice for my work's Christmas do!


8. Alcohol will never provide me with answers, no matter how much I drink. It's not very good at masking problems either - they're still there when I sober up.

9. Nigella Lawson is a goddess. She is the only person who can entice Mr Lollipop into the kitchen, which is a win-win situation for me as a) it means I don't have to cook, and b) I get to eat delicious food. Nigella, you are my hero!

10. You can't beat an afternoon curled up on the sofa watching Elf with Mr Lollipop. It always helps if there is a tub of Haagen Daz in our hands too. Nom.

11. It's just make up. I really don't need 90% of what I own. Well, technically I don't need any of it, but I do feel more human with some mascara.

12. Working in a pharmacy does not make me a Doctor. I do not know what is wrong with your toe, or why your wrist is hurting you. However, I do know which drugs are best for which conditions, so if you wanna know how to get rid of a hangover, I'm your gal.

13. Dancing On Ice starts again on January 9th. Yay! I looooove Dancing On Ice, and Comedy Dave from Radio 1 is going to be on it. I looooove Comedy Dave!


14. It takes somebody with a super special talent to go to the bathroom to get changed out of their work uniform, get pins and needles in their leg so they can't feel anything and then fall over. Knickers get ripped, elbows get banged - it's quite a messy affair. Yes, I have that talent. I'm still chuckling about it now!

15. Cutting a fringe when you've had a cheeky vodka or two, especially to fit in with the 'do for that night, will be something you regret when you're sober.

16. Barry M's Raspberry nail polish is the perfect festive red.

17. I am ready to start running again. In January, I will embark on the 'Couch to 5k' training programme. So excited!

18. The iPhone4 is AMAZE! Thanks Mr Lollipop - Best. Present. Ever!!


19. The best scent in the world is Yankee Candle's Strawberry Buttercream. Sooo good!

20. It only takes a tram crash and explosion with a rising death toll to take the magic and sparkle off putting your Christmas decorations up. Thank Corrie! Speaking off which, their live episode was excellent, take note Eastenders.

21. My house has a built in snow alarm. We've never set the house alarm at night since we've lived here (note to burglars: except when we're all out of the house, obviously) and it started going off at 1am one morning. It woke the whole house and none of us could think of the code, so it took us about 20 minutes to silence it. After a quick cuppa and a giggle about how it could only happen to us, we all headed back to bed, only to look out of the window and see that it was starting to snow. I've said before that I never ever get any snow where I live, because the salty air from living on the coast means it doesn't stick. It was sticking though, and was such a beautiful sight at 2am. I was too excited to sleep after that, so I went outside and took some pictures.


22. You are never too old to play in the snow. Fact!

23. Even Chanel ribbons feel more luxurious than it's 'regular' counterparts. Sigh... I will own a Chanel handbag one day. I will.


24. Christmas isn't Christmas unless my Dad chases me around the house with the raw turkey. As much as it freaks me out, it's tradition, and it felt really weird coming home from work on Christmas Eve to see it alredy stuffed and in the oven.

25. My family never cease to amaze me. I had awesome presents that I've lusted after for ages and never said aloud that I've wanted. I guess they really do know me best :)

26. The Talking Tom Cat app on my iPhone occupies me for hours. Yes, I'm childish.

27. Anybody who has something to do with cars are liars. The man who sold it to us said it was perfect, the mechanic who fixed it for us (on every occasion it's fucked up I might add) said 'it's all sorted now, won't need to see you for a year, at least!'. So how come, after we forked out £700 the week before Christmas to fix it, is it broken again by Boxing Day? Fucking knobbers. They are all lying, selfish, twatting knobbers.

28. This blogging lark has introduced me to some amazing people. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on this post. It really means the world to me. It took a lot of courage to post that and nobody judged, you just understood and supported. Thank you xx

29. There is such a thing as too much glitter. Even at Christmas! Getting a bit pissed off of waking up covered in it - damn glittery bows and wrapping paper deposited it everywhere! Fed up of washing my bedsheets now.

30. Curly hair makes me feel sexy. Until I pull faces like this:


31. I am so glad that 2010 is over. I don't think I will look back on a lot without feeling sad. But... onwards and upwards! Bring on 2011!


What did you learn?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger