tattoos

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ta dah! The Clean Sewing Room!

Ok, brace yourselves! The following pictures are disgraceful.......................... Donna Balfanz--don't look!


See I warned you! This is or WAS my messy, awful sewing room. So I decided that for 2009 I was going to get back on track and get re-organized! Beware--still a few more messy photos to follow......






Ok, now you can look! Ta Dah! See it's all cleaned up and nice and neat and I can think and work and find stuff!



I skirted the tables--something Donna talked me into a few years ago and now the tables have their skirts back. All I did was rip my fabric to the right size and hot glued it to the under edge of the table. Then if I need to remove the skirt for some odd reason I just peel it off and then it can re-glued when I'm ready.


I decided to add a row of lace to the top of the skirts, which doesn't show up here too well, but is very pretty in person.


My hutch, which still needs a bit of organizing and don't even ask about the insides of the drawers. However I will be organizing those too--but a little later.






I told the husband that I need something to fill this little corner that was wasted space and this is what he came up with. He had the pegboard in the garage just sitting, so he added a piece of wood to extend the table--which will get covered as soon as I find my wallpaper. Then he added the little wire baskets that I'm still working on filling up.






Mae in her new corner. Her skirt is part of a bridal veil that I trimmed down the fullness of and decided to make this piece her new skirt!



This corner had a big, ugly green couch sitting in it that we moved into a small room around the corner. I plan to add a couple of easy type chairs for sitting and sewing.

The biggest thing I did to help with my clean up this time was to purchase some storage totes and get rid of the old cardboard boxes I had, which not only looks nicer--even if they are hidden under the skirts--but the hold more than the boxes did.

The next big help was adding the skirting, so you can't see the ugly storage area under the tables.

Ah! I feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger