tattoos

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday 006 (on a Monday)

Evening all! If you are feeling the love today, Happy Valentine's Day; if you are not feeling the love, Happy Monday; and if you are Mr Lollipop, Happy Anniversary! It's our 9 year anniversary today, which makes me feel proud, excited, happily in love... and OLD!  It really feels like just last week that we shared our first kiss, not almost a decade ago. I still fancy him, he still makes me laugh, and he is still my perfect man. Wow. Anyhoo, onto the summary!


My weekend was spent planning Valentine's. We never really go overboard and decided this year to focus the money on fixing our car. Mr L did buy me some new underwear last week which was my present, but on Friday I received a parcel that said it was to remain unopened until today.


So, first thing this morning I opened it up, and inside the box was some of my favourite retro sweets from aquarterof, which took me right back to my childhood. Not your traditional romantic gift but I love it!



I was feeling very inspired by Sam's post and decided to make Mr L a Valentine's card.


This was so, so stressful due to timescale but it was so enjoyable, and very much worth it. I also knew that I wanted to bake something for Mr L but couldn't decide what. After a quick scout on Twitter, Abby said she was making her boy some Millionaire's Shortbread, and since that is Mr L's favouritest sweet snack in the whole wide world, I cheekily decided to copy her. I used this recipe and they're delicious. I do wish there was less biscuit and more chocolate though. It was a relatively easy recipe so I'd highly recommend it. Cutting them into a heart was awkward and they look a bit crumbly and messy in the picture, but Mr L is thrilled and is scoffing them as I type!



Speaking of recipes, on Saturday I had a bash at the Teriyaki Prawns that Charlotte blogged about recently. It was so scrummy! I used sugarsnap peas, red and yellow peppers, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms, beansprouts and carrots, and instead of serving the stir fry on a bed of rice, I stirred the rice through. It was so tasty and definitely one I'll be making again!



I'm wearing Nails Inc 'Heather Grey' on my tootsies and it's so pretty. I'm still loving the Nails Inc and Diet Coke collection!


I spent most of weekend procrastinating and watching YT videos instead of doing my NVQ. I haven't watched YT videos for absolutely ages but when I do have the chance to sit down and watch them, there are loads that I skim over but there are certain people I watch every video of. The Pixiwoo sisters and Lisa Eldridge fall into the latter category - absolutely amazing and I learn so much from them. I particularly loved this from Lisa:


And this from Pixiwoo:



And Wales won the rugby! All in all, a good weekend, though I'm quite sad that Comedy Dave got kicked out of Dancing On Ice. Okay, he couldn't skate as well as most of the others, but he was better than Kerry Katona and I love him!


Listening to: Noah and the Whale L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N, Rihanna S&M and Clare Maguire The Last Dance.


Few to follow: Rachel, Caz, Sophie and Lily.


How was your weekend, or indeed your Valentine's Day?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger