tattoos

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Acorn Media Review

   
Are you a fan of British television? Looking for a way to own your favorite British movies, television shows, or other fun gifts? Look no further than Acorn Media!


A bit about Acorn Media 
  The Acorn Media Group provides distictive home video products and other merchandise to the North America and U.K. markets. They cater to consumers seeking products that outside the homogenous mainstream with a special focus on the best of British television, and mind, body, spirit merchandise. 


My Review
  I was sent three DVD's from Acorn Media to review Playing Shakespeare, The Forsyte Saga, and The Forsyte Saga, Series 2


Playing Shakespeare
"A rewarding experience for anybody even remotely interested in theater. For actors everywhere, it is required watching."
-The New York Times

   Playing Shakespeare is a four volume DVD of nine intimate acting workshops recorded in 1982 with Britain's top stars including; Judi Dench, Ben Kingsley, Peggy Ashcroft, Patrick Stewart, and David Sunchet. The DVD set has been featured on NPR's All Things Considered and Fresh Air with Terry Gross. My husband has a Master of Letters and a Master of Fine Arts in Shakespeare and Performance and teaches at the collegiate level so when I mentioned this DVD set to him he was immediately interested in reviewing it. My husband absolutely adores this DVD set and has shared many of the acting workshops with his acting classes. My husband says that the DVD is the single most comprehensive approach to performing Shakespeare that he has found. He says it doesn't get any better than John Barton.
Playing Shakespeare retails for $79.99 at Acorn Media




The Forsyte Saga
 "Stunning any way you look at it"
-Vanity Fair

The Forsyte Saga is addictive...there is no other way to put it. A classic tale of sexual jealousy, power and greed based upon John Galsworthy's amazing books. The story is memorizing, the acting superb, and the costumes are to die for! The production is lead by a young cast of British stars including Damian Lewis {Band of Brothers}, Ioan Gruffudd {Horatio Hornblower}, Gina McKee {Notting Hill}, and Rupert Graves {Mrs. Dalloway}. When I received The Forsyte Saga I just couldn't stop watching...I was instantly pulled into the story of obsession, love, hatred, greed, lust, and jealousy. It is like a mini-soap opera but so, SO much better! I am so glad that I own it on DVD because this is a series I can watch over again and again!
The Forsyte Saga retails for $59.98 at Acorn Media

The Forsyte Saga
Series 2
"Beautifully Composed and Acted"
-Daily Telegraph {U.K.}



The Forsyte Saga; Series 2 is the continuation of The Forsyte Saga. Series 2 covers the third book, To Let, which tells the story of young lovers in the next generation. It is based in 1920's London so of course gorgeous costumes are a must! The Forsyte Saga; Series 2 includes all of the actors from the first series reprising their roles. Series 2 is just as engaging as Series 1. I kept watching and watching...I was particularly interested in the interaction between the main characters Irene and Soames. Their relationship is toxic and obsessive...so interesting to watch!  I was constantly entertained while watching this series...and I loved it so much I wanted it to keep on going!
The Forsyte Saga; Series 2 retails for $39.98 at Acorn Media

The company did send me a product or service for review. This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger