tattoos

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What I ate Wednesday

Morning loves, hope you are having a good week so far? Mine is a bit strange, and as soon as I can make sense of it in my head I'm sure I will share it with you all, but for now let me share my yum yums from yesterday. As ever, check out Jenn's blog for more WIAW Party-Goers :)


BREAKFAST - 7:00am


I started my day with a mug of hot water and some lemon. Then, my breakfast was something I've been eating a lot of recently. I had a bowl of 'muesli' consisting of a couple of tablespoons of Rude Health Puffed Rice, a couple of tablespoons of Rude Health Apple & Cinnamon Granola, a chopped Pink Lady apple, some green grapes and some Kara Dairy Free Coconut Milk. I'm not a massive cereal fan but this is so delightful and quite refreshing. I loved the crunch of the cereals, the crispiness from the apple and the sweetness of the milk - yum!


MID-MORNING SNACK - 11:00am


This morning's snackage was some chopped strawberries. I'm making the most of them as the strawberry season is coming to an end!


LUNCH - 1:30pm


I ate some lemon and coriander couscous with some cucumber and green pepper. I also had some carrot batons and a tiny tub of red pepper houmous. I love houmous and would gladly eat it every single day. I followed it with a pot of Alpro Vanilla Soy Pudding, which was just delicious. It was very creamy and really satisfied my sweet tooth. I couldn't tell that it was soy either, it tasted really indulgent.



TEA - 6:45pm


I didn't need an afternoon snack as my lunch was quite big and filling. I had intended on making a vegetable and halloumi kebab (halloumi, mushrooms, yellow peppers and tomatoes, brushed with some basil and olive oil) but the skewers I was using weren't very good and no sooner than I had thread them on, they fell off. So I just grilled them as they were and served it with some couscous, flavoured with parsley and vegetable stock. This was really yummy and I'll definitely be attempting this with good skewers soon!


EVENING SNACK - 9:00pm


One of my favourite TV programmes was on last night (Don't Tell The Bride, new series) so I had 2 squares of Lindt dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt. Oh. My. God. My current favourite thing ever. It shouldn't work (erm, salt and chocolate?!) but it is totally lush. I've got a stash at work, a stash in my living room and a stash in my bedroom. Thankfully 2 squares is always plenty to satisfy my craving, so I don't feel too guilty. Delish!


I was asked to be on this series of Don't Tell The Bride by the way. We applied for the previous series but our photos weren't clear enough at the time, so they phoned us back when this series was starting to be filmed. It took me all my courage and bravery to apply first time around that I reverted back to scaredy-cat about being on telly by the time the phone call arrived, and chickened out. I'm still in a huff about not finding a wedding venue yet, so I do have moments where I regret turning it down, but ultimately I think we made the right decision. Mr L knows me too well for our wedding to make dramatic TV, and I can't stand the thought of cameras following me everywhere. Urgh. Still, it makes great viewing.


And that's it! What's the best thing you've eaten today, and have you ever been on TV?!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger