tattoos

Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: MAM



Being a parent is stressful...long days, sleepless nights...not to name the laundry, cooking, and cleaning!

MAM hopes to take some of the parental stress away by providing a wide variety of baby products that are safe, well designed, top quality and best of all...BPA Free! So finding quality baby products are now less thing you have to worry about....


Why BPA Free?

Bisphenol A (BPA) is an important component for the manufacturing of polycarbonate (PC). Among other items, food packaging, plastic utensils and baby bottles are just a few examples of products made with PC. The problem: Trace amounts of BPA gradually leach out of the plastic into the food and eventually into the body. This can affect small children and infants in particular.

As a result of exposure to BPA experts and studies have seen disruptions to the hormone system and brain, diabetes and heart damage as well as an increased risk of cancer.

Although scientific evidence is not yet conclusive, the European Commission has now put special emphasis on the health and safety of babies and small children.

A bit about MAM
The founder of MAM is the Austrian Peter Röhrig. He is a qualified plastics engineer, has practical business experience from his parents' own industrial enterprise, and is a precise and pragmatic thinker.

The decision to focus on high-quality baby products offering a medical benefit – rather than microwaveable tableware or pharmaceutical packaging which were also shortlisted – was based to a large extent on meticulous analysis, rational business sense and a modern understanding of the market.
For in those days, in the mid-1970s, the market demanded that discerning parents make a compromise: pacifiers, for example, either had a pretty design or were developed to offer a medical benefit – but the two things could not be found in one product. Until MAM came along.
The first MAM pacifier was sold in 1976, and the company then gradually evolved to become the world's leading authority on the design of baby products.



My Review
   I was sent five of MAM's brand new products to review and I am loving them to pieces {and so is my little eight month old!}. MAM sent me the following products to review; 


  • MAM Learn to Drink Cup with Soft Spout and Hard Spout
                The MAM Learn to Drink Cup with Soft Spout has a slim shape that is super easy for babies to grip, spill-proof spouts to prevent leaks and spills, and like all MAM products the training cups are BPA Free, Phthalate-Free, PVC-Free, Lead-Free, and CPSIA-compliant. I was worried that my son-who is eight months wouldn't quite understand how to drink out of the training cup but to my surprise the moment the spout touched his lips he started sucking on it and gulping water. I am grateful for this cup since it will make it so much easier to transition to a training cup when it is time. My son loves grabbing the cup with his chubby little fingers. He also loves to roll the cup around and watch the water move with it. My son loves both the soft spout and the hard spout cups...some babies will prefer one over another so be sure to start with the soft {to get the hang of drinking out of a cup} and then move to the hard spout in a few weeks/months.




  • MAM Training Brush {4+ Months}
           My little man has two bottom teeth...his toothy little grin gets me every time...even when he gets into things he is NOT supposed to be getting into! MAM is so genius in creating a product for those little baby teeth. The MAM Training Brush fits perfectly in baby's mouth and the super soft bristles gently remove plaque and bacteria from gums. The brush has an extra long handle so that mom and baby can hold the Training Brush together for guided brushing. 


         My little man is very different from my daughter; case in point: when she was teething you never knew it when he is teething he is one cranky baby. When my box of review items from MAM showed up on my doorstep I prayed that it would include a teether but to my delight and surprise it actually included two! The MAM Cooler is unlike any teether I have seen before-the three pronged shape is simply unique as it provides cooling relief to molars as well as to other teeth. There are different textured surfaces on the teehter that help with painful gums. I really love this teether for many reasons but one of my favorites is that the handle remains room temperature so my sons hands don't get cold.




  • MAM Twister
        This is probably my favorite product out of the products I was sent to review. The MAM Twister is a curved rattle/teether. The rattle can be twisted and has varied textures for soothing sore gums and helps baby also recognize sense of touch. The Twister also can be placed in the freezer for a soothing experience. My son loves the MAM Twister-it is easy for him to pick up, chew, and shake. 






   I am extremely impressed with all of the products I was sent from MAM to review. As a parent there are many baby brands to choose from but in my opinion MAM products are my favorite. MAM products are well made, unique, and perfect for my little boy...and as you can tell they come HIGHLY recommended!


Stay connected with MAM via Facebook for MAM's latest news, giveaways, etc.


 The company did send me a product or service.
This in no way has affected my opinion of the product or service. This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger