tattoos

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Having a KitKat

Hello - hope you've been enjoying this glorious Indian Summer we are experiencing at the moment? I've been working (quelle surprise) so haven't had the chance to soak up some much needed vitamin D, but all is good.


Things have been pretty quiet on my blog recently and that's for a number of reasons, the main one being work. For the last 2 or 3 months I've been under a lot of strain there, as my supervisor has been on holiday, then on sick, and for the last 3 weeks has been on secondment in another branch. We haven't been able to cover her shifts at all so for the last few months we have been a full time member of staff down. Her jobs have then been left to me, so to do her work on top of my own, as well as covering some other holidays, I've been completely zonked and emotional. Very emotional. She is like my Mam at work so I've been feeling quite sad that she's not there. No sleep and emotional days equals an exhausted Laura.

I've had a really weird week but it's all been worth it. On Monday she announced she wouldn't be coming back. On Tuesday I got promoted to Supervisor! On Wednesday I found out that people think of me as a young foolish girl and have been bitching about me behind my back. Not my own staff, thankfully (still sounds weird calling them my staff!). Sigh.

I got asked to be Supervisor as opposed to applying and interviewing for the position, so it's nice to see that my Manager has faith in me. I'm really proud that my hard work has been noticed and I'm starting to get rewarded for it. I'm just really down in the dumps that a) I'm being talked about, b) people clearly have low expectations and opinions of me. It's never nice having responsibility (for me personally, anyway) but if anything, they've spurred me on to show that I am the right person for the job and will be brilliant at it. Well, I will at least try.


So my time has been spent working. When I get home I can just about muster up the energy to cook myself some tea (vegetarianism is still going well, have lots of healthy eating goals in mind for October), have a bath, then collapse in front of the TV watching Cupcake Wars, Glee, and shamefully, Big Brother. Blogging has been the last thing on my mind, which I think has shown over the last couple of months.

Truth is, I just don't know if I'm feeling it anymore.

I have great ideas for a blogpost, but when it comes to putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, as it is) my mind just goes blank and I shut down my laptop. That's if I even open it up in the first place. I literally cannot be bothered and have even stopped reading blogs. I check my favourites every couple of days, but other than I just don't know if it is something I want to continue with. Maybe I have outgrown it. Maybe it has outgrown me? Maybe I have other priorities right now, priorities that pay the bills. Who knows why I feel like I do, because I don't...

Hopefully my mojo will come back (sooner rather than later) and I'll see you on the other side, but if it doesn't, I am still on Twitter so you can keep in touch there :) This isn't goodbye as such, I'm just having a break (having a KitKat).

Lots of love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger