tattoos

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday 018

Good afternoon :) Happy Sunday to you all. How has your weekend been?


I had a girly night in last night so I am feeling a little bit fragile today. If you saw my tweets last night (ahem... sorry about that) you will know that I was slightly worse for wear, but it was a great night regardless. We had lots of indian food, lots of drink and lots of laughing. Can't fault it.

Last night was the first night I'd had a drink and a meal together since becoming vegetarian, and I am quite proud of myself for resisting meat. I stuffed myself stupid on naan bread, poppadoms, onion bhajis and chutneys though so I dread to think my calorie total for yesterday! My body is in dire need of some healthy foods now, and maybe a detox is on the cards.

Work is still stressing me out. I cried all week and lost so much sleep over it, but there's nothing I can do about it now so I just need to pull myself up, dust myself off and get on with it as best I can. I get quite ashamed of myself for acting like such a wimp about it when there are people with bigger problems with me. Whenever I feel down I just look at my brother, who is blind, or my friend Natalie, who has celebral palsy and is profoundly deaf. Both are a massive inspiration to me, particularly my big brother as he has had so much to overcome in his life, that my work troubles seem so trivial. Shame on me.

I have taken up a spot of crocheting! I was looking for a new hobby and wanted something creative. My cousin is due to have a baby soon, and my Auntie showed us some gorgeous blankets that she had bought for him. That afternoon my Mam came home with a bundle of wool and crochet hooks, and grand plans of crocheting something else for Baby Alfie's arrival. We originally wanted to crochet some squares, then sew them together to make a patchwork blanket, but because I'm still a beginner, my stitch isn't consistent enough and the blanket would look odd. For now we're making some individual blankets for ourselves, but I eventually want to make one of these:


I've switched to new blogger and this is the first post I've written on it. I think I quite like it you know. Scrap that, scheduling posts is nigh on impossible at the mo. Any inkling as to what the hell I do?! How are you all adapting to it?

Listening to: RHCP The Adventures Of Raindance Maggie, Snow Patrol Called Out In The Dark, Pitbull ft Marc Anthony Rain Over Me and Emeli Sande Heaven.

Few to follow : Bicky, Arlene and Kelly.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, loves :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger