tattoos

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Review : Aromatherapy Associates Little Luxuries

Last week's relaxathon gave me the perfect opportunity to use up some bath oil samples I received a few months ago from Aromatherapy Associates. I'd never heard of the brand before but was instantly intrigued when it arrived in amongst a parcel of goodies. As the name suggests, Aromatherapy Associates focus their products on essential aromatherapy oils, with each one creating a perfect blend to completely soothe your mind and body. I got sent the 'Little Luxuries', which was an adorable little box with three vials of bath oil.


What do Aromatherapy Associates say?

This enchanting little trio is a gorgeous gift for all your friends and family. Three popular and stunning bath and shower oils - Light Relax, De-Stress Mind and Revive Morning -come together to bring calm vitality and a deep sense of wellbeing. The Relax range (blended with lavender, ylang ylang and petitgrain) gives a little respite at the end of a busy day - use these soothing blends for gentle or serious relaxation. The De-Stress range (blended with wild camomile, petitgrain and frankincense) is specially created for and overworked body and mind constantly dealing with everyday stresses and strains. The Revive range (blended with pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry) helps you pick yourself up at any time of the day with detoxifying, uplifting and exotic blends of essential oils.

What do I think?

How adorable are these little vials? So cute! I was very exhausted and run-down when I cracked these bad boys open - what better time to use them?! Because these are bath and shower oils, I expected them to be a gel-like consistency. They're not, they're oil (no, really?) so no way are these suitable for the shower. I don't take a shower to relax either, I take a bath, so I don't really know why they thought this type of product would work. That aside, they are perfect for the bath.

The vials are tiny but the amount of product is adequate for even the fullest of baths. I was quite impressed at how soft my skin felt afterwards too. I've used bath oils before and have always felt the need to use an absolute ton in order to nourish my skin. This little vial was plenty though, which was very surprising.


I'm not familiar with essential oils and their uses, so do forgive me if I state something obvious. The Relax oil was the strongest smelling of the three, but that was the lavender. I'm not the biggest lavender lover anyway, so even the smallest amount would be considered strong to me. It definitely did relax me though, and although strong, it wasn't unbearable, and I happily soaked for almost an hour.

The De-Stress one was so lovely. This was the 'Mind' version (they also do a 'Muscle' one) but this one completely soothed my mind and muscles. I actually found it a lot more relaxing than the Relax one, but again that could be due to the lavender and my non-love of it.

Revive was my favourite of the three. It was very refreshing with a slight hint of citrus. It was supposed to be used in the morning (whoops) but it was nice to use at nighttime anyway. It made me less lethargic and more humanlike for the evening, so it didn't matter to me what time I used it. It served it's purpose! It was definitely my favourite one though and I have dropped lots of unsubtle hints to Mr Lollipop to treat me to a full size Evening version. He's skillfully ignoring my request... 

Price?

The Little Luxuries set costs £12.00, which I think is very reasonable. Okay, it works out at £4.00 per bath, but let's be honest, using something like this wouldn't be an everyday occurance. It would be reserved for some 'me-time', and who doesn't like to indulge a little when you're treating yourself? The packaging is adorable - very simple, but the addition of the little white bow makes it look very special, and the vials inside keep in line with the luxurious essence of the brand. 

Recommended?

Yep, absolutely! I really liked using these and am a new convert to Aromatherapy Associates products. I definitely felt relaxed after bathing with one of these and I could still smell them on my skin and in the bathroom the morning afterwards. I particularly love the range of gifts on offer - there really is something for everyone. They would make an ideal stocking filler and I know this is something I'd happily give to my loved ones. You could just do what I did and use them for yourself, as it's a perfect opportunity to try them before you splash out £37.00 on a full sized one (are you listening Mr L? I've tried, you buy... please. From here). A must for any over-worked woman... which is all of us, then.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger