tattoos

Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's not St Patrick's Day...

...It's mine!! I loathe having my birthday on a well known date. I don't know why - I'm Welsh so we don't typically celebrate Paddy's Day anyway, but I'm not overly keen on sharing so I'm guessing that is a big contributor.

Thank you so much to everyone who has messaged me, Facebooked me or tweeted me birthday wishes - it is so sweet of you!


I have had such a lovely day, despite being woken up at 6:00am by the dog crying for a weewee, bless her. I've been spoilt rotten! I came downstairs to find my living room had banners and balloons everywhere, and a pile of beautifully wrapped gifts and cards awaited me.


I had this adorable card from my folks, and my Mam had replaced the picture of the angel girl with a picture of me! I also loved Mr L's card... he didn't realise it was a Valentine's one until it he was writing on it last night! D'oh! It makes me laugh though.



I got these delicious cupcakes, baked by Mr L's fair hands. Each colour of icing is flavoured differently (yellow lemon, pink strawberry, brown chocolate, blue vanilla, orange er... orange and green peppermint), and the yummy vanilla sponge has a pink tint. So delicious and I devoured 2 for breakfast. Yes, at 6:30! It's my birthday, I'm allowed!! I've had lots of visitors bearing gifts through the day so it's been a tad hectic but lovely too :)


My 'main' presents were lots of charms for my bracelet - Colin the cow finally has some new friends!
A Pandora cupcake and Chamilia pig from my wonderful fiancé, because as you know I am obsessed with cupcakes, and also love little piggy's. I certainly hope that is the reason, and that he isn't insinuating I'm a pig!! The piggy is called Paddy. What with me sharing my birthday with that Patrick an'all.
A Chamilia doggy from my brother. I've named him Dave (the dog that is, not my brother!).
A Chamilia 'L' from my Gran. It took me ages to work out that it was my initial but once it was pointed out to me I could tell hehe.
And a Chamilia 'Daughter' charm from my parents, obv. 

It doesn't feel like my bracelet anymore, it feels too heavy! Love, love, love it though! I also have an iTunes voucher to redeem, a new handbag, a cupcake cushion and lots more little gifts, plus lots of dosh so I have treated myself to the Hummingbird Bakery's new cook book with some if it. I can't wait to try some of the new recipes, like this berry cheesecake. Nom!


I went out Saturday night with my girlfriends and I consumed so much vodka and sambuca in my friend's house, that I made it from the taxi to one place in Swansea (Peppermint, so I've been told), threw up lots, then phoned Mr L to pick me up. I don't remember much but you can tell I'm bladdered by the fact I'm kissing a balloon... er... why?! That was a fun hangover!


I've been out for lunch today with Mr L and may have overindulged slightly. We went to Frankie & Benny's by Swansea's Liberty Stadium and I had Penne Alfredo, which is pasta, pancetta and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. It tasted so gorgeous but I couldn't eat it all! I'm so stuffed I can hardly move, so Lord help me if I had ate it all!! Though I think the mound of cupcakes I've eaten today may have something to do with it...

It is days like this that make me realise how fortunate I am, and I can't help but think of the poor people in Japan who have lost absolutely everything. It is just tragic - imagine not knowing if your nearest and dearest were alive, or fearing they're trapped somewhere. Horrific.
Ooh, I didn't want this post to take a downturn, so I suppose I best wish this Patrick dude a happy... what? Birthday? I dunno... Happy St Patrick's Day ;) I'm off for a well deserved sit down and chilled night in now!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger