tattoos

Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 2010 favourites

Happy Halloween! Today is my beautiful Mammy's birthday and the family went out for Sunday lunch. I'm absolutely stuffed now though there is birthday cake calling my name in the kitchen! I am so, so tired. We stayed up until 1am decorating the house with balloons and banners, carving a pumpkin, arranging flowers and wrapping presents. Then I was woken up at 7:30am but because the clocks went back last night it was really 6:30am. Not good! My Mammy is amazingly fabulous though, so she's worth it. Happy Birthday Mammy, my very own Witch ;)

Onto October's favourites. Not too many this month as I've been sticking to variations of the same look, but these products have stood out to me:



Sleek MakeUP Shimmer Blush - Sunrise
I've loved wearing all three blushes that I blogged about here, but probably wore Sunrise the most. The reason is simple - it suited the rest of my make up more than the others! I've been loving wearing plum recently, on my eyes or on my lips, so I've wanted something that added warmth to my cheeks without clashing with the plum, or fighting for attention. I love Sunrise because it's a bronzey colour so it's quite a neutral colour, and has plum/brown undertones to add a lovely warm flush. Plus, the golden sheen that runs through it has added a pretty highlight effect. It looks really dark in the pan, but if it works on my super pale skin, I guarantee it'll work on yours.


Benefit Eye Bright
Like probably every other woman on the planet, I acquired my Eye Bright a few months ago with Glamour magazine. I've worn it on and off since I got it, but this month I have worn it almost everyday. It's basically a white eyeliner with a hint of pink. I love it on the waterline because it doesn't seem as harsh or noticable as white, but it works just as well in the inner tearduct area or underneath the brow to highlight too.



Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick - 540 Galactic Mauve
I bought this last year and didn't really get a lot of wear out of it, but this year, as soon as September hit, I wanted to whip out my deep, Autumnal colours, and this is one of them. I've worn it practically everyday. It's a lovely pinky-plum colour with gold shimmer. It's the lipstick form of MAC's Trax eyeshadow if you're familiar with that. It's beautiful. It's not the most long-lasting lipstick I own, but the colour is so pretty that I will forgive it.



YSL Golden Gloss - 18 Golden Lavender
This has been the perfect lipgloss to compliment my plum lipstick. It is infused with gold sparkles and although it's lavender in colour, it's pretty sheer, so it has allowed the plum of the lipstick to shine through. It's not an overly sticky gloss so it's able to be layered over lipstick with ease, and smells (and tastes!) so damn good! I can see me enjoying this lipgloss for quite some time.



Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara - Black
I normally only use drugstore mascaras because I believe they do just as good a job as the higher end ones, for a fraction of the price. I got a sample of this when I got my Airflash foundation, and because I run out of my beloved L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, I turned to this. I've really enjoyed wearing this mascara. It's given me long, fluttery eyelashes and it takes no time at all to apply it in the mornings because the results are so dramatic. I can see me purchasing a full size of this one soon.


I'll try to overlook the fact that my camera seems to be a bit pants with thes pictures! What have you been reaching for this month?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger