tattoos

Saturday, February 16, 2008

New week...new updates





Above, you can see pictures for the swath of danish and croissants that were baked in Baking class this week. Also, in Food Basics, it was moist heat cooking and we did a green bean salad and braised beef shanks.

It has been a pretty intense week. First, we had a Baking quiz on Monday, followed by the sanitation (ServSafe) certification exam on Weds. In between I had to work (11 hours on Sunday and six on Tuesday) and there was a horrible snow storm on Tuesday night, which had my car swishing from side to side going down Mass Ave after class at midnight. I also sent my resume to Fenway and Caesars Palace. Fenway (yes, the BoSox Fenway) is looking for a bunch of cooks for the upcoming baseball season to work in the various restaurants within the ballpark. I was surprised, when I received a call from a guy named Nookie (sp?) just under an hour after I sent my resume to them. To cut a long story short, we arranged to meet at Fenway (Yawkey Way Gate D) on Tuesday at 2pm. I'll probably park my car at the Porter Square T station and take the T into Fenway. Then attend class at 4:30pm. Oh, and the Baking class has been moved to Thursday for this week.

Also, the Caesars Palace one is quite interesting. It is a Culinary Management Apprenticeship with Caesars Palace. It's kind of a management trainee program that runs for 10-12 months in Vegas. Sent my resume plus a cover letter to the contact person there. Hoping to hear back as it is a huge opportunity for anyone chosen for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger